First impressions are very important. It's valuable to spend time preparing your home, to show it in the best possible light. This is a big advantage when you Professionals sales consultant shows your home to prospective buyers.
Here are a few suggestions on how to prepare your home for sale.
- Home paint work in good repair-discuss with sales consultant
if major work is still to be done.
- House number and tidy letterbox in easy-to-see position.
- Spouting cleaned and in good repair.
- Garage/carport clean and tidy.
- Garbage tidy and cleared away.
- Any cracked or broken windows repaired.
- Hedges and shrubs trimmed edges and lawns cut.
General Interior Impressions
- All chipped paint and cracked plaster repaired, wallpaper tidy.
- Door, window, cupboard latches all open and close easily.
- Lights all work-if needed leave some lights on to create atmosphere.
- Heat home if weather cool.
- Ensure halls/stairways area tidy and clear of clutter.
- Drapes should be open, carpets freshly vacuumed.
- If possible, have cut flowers in various rooms.
- Ensure the entranceway is clean, tidy and uncluttered.
- Door bell works.
- All surfaces-mirrors fixtures, taps cleaned and polished.
- All taps in good order.
- Seals around bath and basin in good repair.
- Floors cleaned, rubbish containers emptied.
- Cupboards and cabinets neat and tidy inside.
- Sinks and taps cleaned and polished.
- All appliances cleaned.
- Small appliances should be put away to avoid cluttered look.
- Benches cleaned and polished.
- Cupboards and pantry neat and tidy.
- Jewellery and valuables locked away safely or taken with you.
- Valuables, such as art, vases, figurines, momentos are safely situated or locked away.
Creating an Atmosphere
Try to make your home as warm and inviting as possible by using some of the tips detailed under general interior impressions. You could also have light music playing in the background. Also if possible pets should be contained or absent during showing.
If you require any further assistance in selling your property, please contact us today.